2013-02-25 10:12:58 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Turkey Information Technology Report Q2 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
BMI View: Turkish IT market will continue to being a regional outperformer during 2013-2017, notwithstanding the dip in growth rates during 2013 and 2014. The inherent demographic profile advantage, coupled with sustained growth and consistent government push towards reforms, lends a bullish, long-term future for the IT sector in the country.
* Computer hardware: US$6.4bn in 2013 to US$6.9bn in 2014,+8% in US dollar terms. Reduction in growth rate compared to the previous year due to faltering domestic economic activity and a neighbourhood beset by economic and political turbulence. Impact of depreciation in the Turkish Lira is also factored. The dip notwithstanding, Turkey will outperform its peer economies.
* Software: US$1.1bn in 2013 to US$1.2bn in 2014, +13% in US
dollar terms. While this is a reduction in growth rate as compared to the previous year, it is still a healthy rate. The reduction in growth rate is a characteristic of the market, which is in the phase of arriving at an equilibrium in terms of long-term sustainable growth.
* Services and cloud computing: US$1.53bn in 2013 to US$1.71bn in 2014, +12.7% in US dollar terms for services, and US$539mn in 2013 to US$786mn in 2014, +46% in US dollar terms for cloud computing. Growing integration with the EU will edge Turkish companies towards increasingly embracing IT services. Refinement and maturity in cloud computing offerings by local and global vendors will make them attractive for corporates in general and SMEs in particular. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised due to analyst modification and a 12% CAGR is projected for the five-year forecast period.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/541286_turkey_information_technology_report_ ..
Key Trends & Developments
* Fatih, the classroom computerisation initiative undertaken by the Turkish government will provide a positive boost to the hardware, software and system integration sales in the early years of the forecast.
* Opening of local manufacturing setups by global IT majors such as HP/Foxconn and strengthening of local operations by printers vendors such as Ricoh and Konica Minolta will improve affordability and service support.
* Vertical specific software applications, specifically in the banking sector, will be the principal contributors to software sales. Enterprise applications, including ERP will see hectic activity from international vendors.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Wireline SWOT
- Business Environment
- Macroeconomic Forecast
- Table: Turkey - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Industry Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Europe Risk/Reward Ratings, Q213
- Table: Hardware Market (US$mn)
- Services And Cloud Computing
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Regulatory Authorities
- Koc Sistem
- Meteksan IT Group
- Oracle Corp
- Table: Oracle: Selected Acquisitions
- Regional IT Overview
- IT Penetration
- Market Growth And Drivers
- Sectors And Verticals
- Table: Turkey's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Turkey's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of population)
- Table: Turkey's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Turkey's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- IT Industry
- IT Ratings - Methodology
- Table: IT Business Environment Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Components
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.