2013-08-29 09:00:17 - New Retailing research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
The Turkey Retail Report examines the long-term potential of the local consumer market, but flags shortterm concerns about the impact on Turkey's economic outlook of the rebalancing process over the next few quarters.
The report examines how best to maximise returns in the Turkish retail market while minimising investment risk, and explores the impact of depressed economic activity in the eurozone, the US and China on the Turkish consumer, and on the ability of producers and exporters to realise returns in the short term.
The report also analyses the growth and risk management strategies being employed by the leading players in the Turkish retail sector, as they seek to maximise the growth opportunities offered by the local market.
Turkish per-capita consumer spending is
forecast to increase by 38% to 2017, compared with a regional growth average of 44%. The country comes fourth (out of 10) in BMI's Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) Retail Risk/Reward Ratings.
Full Report Details at
Among all retail categories, mass grocery retail (MGR) will be the outperformer through to 2017 in growth terms, with sales forecast to reach US$19.19bn in 2013, and to grow much faster than overall food sales throughout the forecast period - by 63%, compared with 39% - to US$31.29bn by 2017. BMI forecasts that MGR's share of the overall food market will rise from 37.6% in 2013 to 44.0% by the end of the review period.
In the competitive arena, BMI sees upside potential in new pension and labour code reforms which should lower labour costs for businesses. Turkish rules on foreign investment are enticing to potential overseas investors, with the government promising the same benefits and incentives to foreign investors as to domestic companies.
Over the last quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts and views:
* We have revised down our forecast for Turkish real GDP growth in 2013, from 4.0% to 3.0%. This reflects our view that a sustained loss of international investor confidence following recent social unrest and financial market turmoil will dry up portfolio capital inflows and foreign funding to the banking sector, hampering credit conditions and impeding Turkey's credit driven growth model.
* Averaging 70.8% of GDP over the last decade, private consumption will continue to be the main driver of economic growth in 2013. This was indeed the case in Q113, when private consumption growth of 3.0% y-o-y mitigated the effects of weak export and fixed investment growth on headline GDP.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Retail Sales Indicators, 2010-2017
- Table: Retail Sales Breakdown By Key Segments, 2013f
- Table: Turkey - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Central And Eastern Europe Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Retail Risk/Reward Ratings
- Turkey Risk/Reward Ratings
- Limits Of Potential Returns
- Risks To Realisation Of Returns
- Current Trends
- Key Players
- Central And Eastern Europe Overview
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Retail Trends, 2010-2017
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Retail Sales, 2010-2017 (US$bn, unless stated)
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Retail Sales By % Share, 2010-2017
- Regional Retail Trends
Mass Grocery Retail
- Market Overview
- Table: Structure Of Turkey's Mass Grocery Retail Sector By Number Of Outlets
- Table: Structure Of Turkey's Mass Grocery Retail Market - Sales Value By Format (TRYbn)
- Industry Forecast
- Table: Mass Grocery Retail Sales - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Grocery Retail Sales By Format
- Consumer Electronics Market
- Market Overview
- Table: PC Sales, 2010-2017
- AV Devices
- Table: AV Sales, 2010-2017
- Mobile Devices
- Table: Mobile Communications, 2010-2017
- Industry Forecast
- Table: Consumer Electronics Overview, 2006-2017 (US$mn)
- Passenger Cars
- Table: Turkey - Top 10 Brands 2012
- Alternative Fuels
- Table: Turkey's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Turkey's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of population)
- Table: Turkey's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Turkey's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.