2012-09-21 04:43:28 - UK Annual Forecasts 2010â15: DIY & Gardening - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
The dichotomy within the DIY and gardening market continues into 2012 with DIY set to remain challenging due to a more cautious shopper who is shying away from big ticket purchases and a stagnant housing market. Gardening, conversely, is maintaining its growth due to the uplift in customers growing their own produce and popularity as a cheap hobby.
Independents will find the going very tough throughout the forecast period as it comes under threat from a range of competitors. As well as the larger superstores, which can offer lower prices and deeper ranges, greater threat from non-specialists like the grocers and general merchandisers with more central locations and longer opening hours.
Sales densities among specialists will return to growth in 2011 and
remain positive throughout the forecast period. This is largely due to the slower space expansion caused by the collapse of Focus and other weaker independents and Wickes reducing its space by 1.4m sq ft. This growth is boosted later in the period by the more buoyant market.
The UK DIY and gardening market has endured a tough 2011, with a stagnant housing market and more cautious customer within DIY more than counterbalancing a resilient performance from gardening. The report examines the prospects for the market over the next five years to 2015, analysing issues such as the impact of the economy, as well as the performances of both specialists and non-specialists.
- Understand which categories within DIY and gardening will perform the best, using our expenditure forecasts to 2015.
- Use our market share and channels of distribution to find out which retailers and channels pose the biggest threat to your business.
- Discover our comprehensive analysis of the key issues set to impact the DIY and gardening market over the next five years.
- Identify the market growth drivers and inhibitors and implement our strategies to improve sales growth potential.
Reasons to Buy
- How will specific sub-categories within the market perform over the next five years and what are the factors influencing these results?
- Which channels have performed the best over the last five years, and which channels have seen their share of the market decline?
- What strategies can be implemented to position your business to come out of the downturn in a stronger position?
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Company-Profil ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.