2013-01-14 00:55:22 - UK Homewares Retailers 2012 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Despite inflationary pressures from high fuel and cotton prices and the rise in the VAT rate, increased levels of competition in the homewares sector through the rise of value players, including grocers, as well as weak demand, has driven prices down.
We forecast that the homewares market will return to growth in 2012 â but only marginally, at just 0.1%. While the first half of 2012 will be very challenging, the second half should see a slight improvement
While the household hardware and lighting category is expected to continue to decline, we forecast that textiles and soft furnishings, the smaller proportion of the homewares sector, will grow by 0.3% in 2012, increasing its share of the UK homewares market by 0.1 percentage
points between 2011 and 2012.
Homewares expenditure is expected to fall by 0.6% in 2011, representing the third consecutive year of decline. 2011 has proved a tough year for retail as a whole, with homewares particularly struggling due to its close links to the housing market. A small recovery is forecast for 2012, with growth entering positive territory, though this will continue to underperform total retail
- In-depth profiles of leading homewares retailers including operating statistics & market shares, alongside concise profiles of five smaller players
- Provides data and insight on the market size, sales and growth rates for the UK homewares sector, overall and at category level
- The key issues in the market are examined; the economy, consumer behaviour, new shopping habits, new technologies and strategies for success
- Detailed space allocation by product category for the 21 leading homewares retailers
Reasons To Buy
- Who are the top performing homewares retailers in terms of UK turnover, profitability, sales densities and market share?
- How will the homewares market perform over the next five years and what will this mean for retailers?
- What are the strategies for success for your retail channel, and how will the homewares market perform for you?
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Market-Research/UK-Hom ..
Browse all Retail Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Market-Research?aCode= ..
Browse all Retail Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Company-Profile?aCode= ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.