2014-02-21 02:45:01 - Laundry Care in the United Kingdom - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Procter & Gamble UK Ltd maintained its leadership position in the UK laundry care market during 2012, with a 49% share of value sales and total sales of close to Â£910 million. Laundry detergents is its key area of focus, where it holds a 56% share. The company owns a portfolio of leading laundry care brands, including Ariel, Bold, Fairy, Daz and Lenor, which enables it to maintain its strong position in laundry care.
In 2012, laundry care grew by 3% in current value terms to reach Â£1,860 million, following an eclectic mix of performances. For example, concentrated detergents value sales increased by 17% in 2012 to reach Â£1,126 million, while standard detergents saw their value sales decline by 49% down
to Â£118 million.
During the forecast period, laundry care in the UK is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4% in constant value terms, to reach Â£2,306 million by 2017, due to the overall price hike linked to the general shift to concentrated formulas.
- In 2012, laundry care value sales grow by 3% to reach Â£1,860 million
- Fewer discounting promotions and more line extension launches compared to 2011 enable growth across most categories
- The shift from standard to concentrated detergents remains strong, while the shift from powder to liquid slows
- Unit prices continue to rise in 2012
- Procter & Gamble UK Ltd remains the leading laundry care manufacturer with a 49% value share, followed by Unilever Home & Personal Care Ltd with 29%
- Over the forecast period, laundry care is expected to grow at a 4% constant value CAGR to reach Â£2,306 million by 2017.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Company-Profil ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.