2014-02-21 02:35:01 - Toilet Care in the United Kingdom - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Reckitt Benckiser Ltd remained the leading manufacturer in the UK toilet care market in 2012, recording a value share of 24%. Reckitt Benckiser benefits from having two strongly-performing brands in the UK toilet care category: Harpic and Cillit Bang. Harpic is the UKs leading toilet care brand with a value share of 16% recorded in 2012. Harpics success stems from the regular new product introductions designed to attract consumer attention, as well as the dominant position of the brand in terms of advertising.
The category that experienced the largest decline in value terms in 2012 was toilet cleaning systems, which fell by 8%. Products in the toilet cleaning systems category are still relatively new in the UK, but their acceptance has
been hindered by the consumer perception that they are not environmentally friendly. Despite the continuing decline price seen over the review period, the somewhat high unit price of toilet cleaning systems is another factor restricting growth, especially given the difficult economic climate in the UK, with many consumers experiencing uncertainty about the future.
Toilet care is expected to contract by 1% annually in constant value terms over the forecast period, leading to sales of Â£175 million in 2017. UK consumers are moving back to branded products from private label, which is boosting value sales growth over the forecast period.
- Toilet care value sales stagnate in 2012 to account for Â£188 million
- Toilet liquids remains the leading category in 2012, due to the products relatively low unit price
- Toilet liquids registers the strongest current value growth, with a rise of 1% in 2012
- The average unit price of toilet care products increased slightly in 2012 due to new product introductions
- Reckitt Benckiser Ltd remains the leading manufacturer of toilet care with a value share of 24% in 2012
- Over the forecast period, toilet care is set to register an annual decline of 1% in constant value terms, representing a stronger performance than was seen in the review period
The Toilet Care in United Kingdom market report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data (historic date range), allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new product developments, packaging innovations, economic/lifestyle influences, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2017 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: In-Cistern Devices, ITBs, Toilet Care Mousse/Foam, Toilet Care Tablets/Powders, Toilet Cleaning Systems, Toilet Liquids.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Toilet Care market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the markets major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Company-Profil ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.