2013-12-10 10:49:49 - New Defense research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
We expect the UAE's defence spending to increase to AED152.8bn in 2017. This will take defence spending per capita to AED17,632.
The push to establish itself as a key regional defence hub and the ongoing modernisation of defence equipment, as the country seeks to enhance its technological capabilities, will be major drivers of defence expenditure growth. However, the country's ability to support this growth will be predicated on greater state investment and this will be informed by a robust economic growth outlook over our forecast period; we are forecasting average annual real Gross Domestic Product growth of 3.7% to 2017.
BMI's UAE Defence & Security Report examines the country's strategic position in the Middle East and the wider world. It provides an
overview of the contemporary geopolitical challenges facing the country, and the challenges it may face in the future, especially in the context of tensions with Iran and of the Arab Spring.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/751992_united_arab_emirates_defence_security ..
In addition, the report examines the trends occurring in the country's current and future defence procurement, and the order of battle across its armed forces. The general conclusion is that the UAE will continue to invest heavily in defence procurement, spending more than all the other countries in the Gulf Cooperation Council with the exception of Saudi Arabia and so giving itself a capability edge over many of its neighbours in spite of the relatively modest size of its armed forces.
Tensions with Iran may ease somewhat following the 2013 Iranian presidential election which has seen the country's new political leader, Hassan Rouhani, strike a more conciliatory tone on the international stage. However, the UAE's close alliances with the US and its fellow GCC members should provide protection to the UAE in the event of a regional conflict with Iran - an outcome that may or may not directly involve the Emirates.
The UAE has performed some notable procurement activity since the last BMI update in Q414. This has principally focused on the procurement of tanker and transport aircraft and new air-launched weapons for the country's air force, and new armoured vehicles for the army.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- United Arab Emirates Defence SWOT
- United Arab Emirates Security SWOT
- Business Environment
- Defence Expenditure
- Table: UAE Defence Expenditure (2010 - 2017)
- Table: Defence Expenditure Scenario - Changing % Of GDP, 2010-2017 (US$mn)
- Armed Forces
- Table: UAE Armed Forces ('000 personnel, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Manpower Available For Military Service, 2010-2017 (aged 16-49 unless otherwise stated)
- Defence Trade
- Table: UAE Defence Trade Balance (US$mn)
- Table: UAE Defence Exports (US$mn)
- Table: Defence Imports (US$mn)
- Economic Analysis
- Fiscal Position Remains Solid
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- MENA Security Risk Ratings
- Table: Middle East And Africa Regional Security Ratings
- Table: Middle East And Africa State Vulnerability To Terrorism Index
- United Arab Emirates Security Ratings
- United Arab Emirates Security Overview
- Domestic Threats
- Regional Threats
- International Threats
- United Arab Emirates Defence Market Overview
- Armed Forces and Government Spending
- Industry Trends and Developments
- Domestic Industries
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Abu Dhabi Shipbuilding Company
- Middle East and Africa Security Overview
Global Industry Overview
- Global Political Outlook
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Rating Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Table: Security Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.