2012-09-04 08:52:39 - New Computer Technology market report from Business Monitor International: "United Arab Emirates Information Technology Report Q3 2012"
BMI View: UAE IT spending is expected to reach US$3.7bn in 2012, up 7%, with BMI downwardly revising its forecast after the PC market continued to be sluggish in Q112. Government spending and investment should help to support the IT market, with further opportunities in sectors such as education, healthcare, utilities, banking and telecoms. Cloud computing and business analytics are among enterprise IT investment growth areas.
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer hardware sales: US$1.9bn in 2011 to US$2.0bn in 2012, +5% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to price erosion and a deceleration in retail sales growth in Q411 and Q112.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/451193_united_arab_emirates_information_tech ..
Software sales: US$619mn in 2011 to US$669mn in 2012, +8% in
US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to analyst modification but the UAE is one of the region's fastest growing enterprise resource planning (ERP) markets.
IT Services sales: US$1.0bn in 2011 to US$1.1bn in 2012, +10% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to analyst modification although government IT initiatives should help to support the market.
Risk/Reward Ratings: The UAE's score was 66.7 out of 100.0. The UAE has top spot in our latest regional BER table, ahead of other MEA giants such as Saudi Arabia, Israel and South Africa. The country ranked only third for its IT Market, but its prime ranking was secured a high Country Structure score of 100.
Key Trends & Developments.
* The UAE IT market has received a buffeting from global economic headwinds but overall demand for IT products and services should continue to grow in 2012. However, the property price slump and financial upheavals are likely to continue to influence business and consumer caution. Abu Dhabi has been making most of the running in the wake of the Dubai financial crisis.
* Growth potential also exists in the less developed northern emirates of Sharjah, Ajman, Umm al- Qaywayn, Ras al-Khaimah and Fujairah. The emirates government has launched a major infrastructure investment programme in the northern emirates, which could generate significant opportunities for IT vendors, despite relatively small population sizes.
* One factor driving retail growth is a pick-up in the number of tourist visitors, which provided a boost to the all-important carry-trade, which had fallen off in 2009. An influx of tourists is expected to swell spending on consumer electronics goods such as netbooks and tablets. However, the possibility of the UAE joining sanctions against Iran could have an impact on PC re-exports.
Report Table of Contents:
- UAE IT Sector SWOT
- UAE Telecommunications Sector SWOT
- UAE Political SWOT
- UAE Economic SWOT
- UAE Business Environment SWOT
MEA IT Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: MEA IT Risk/Reward Ratings, Q312
IT Markets Overview
- IT Penetration
- Sectors And Verticals
- IT End-User Analysis
- Industry Developments
- Table: UAE IT Industry - Historical Data And Forecasts (US$mn unless otherwise stated)
Industry Forecast Internet
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2009-2016
- IT Services
- Internet Competitive Landscape
- Macroeconomic Forecast
- Oracle Corp
- Oracle: Selected Acquisitions
- Microsoft Corporation
- Almasa Holdings
- Table: Key Developments
UAE Demographic Outlook
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Transport Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.