2014-03-05 01:47:01 - DIY & Gardening Retailing in the UK - Verdict Market Report - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Inclement weather, a challenging housing market and shoppers´ aversion to discretionary purchases made 2012 a very difficult year for the DIY & gardening market, with value suffering its worst fall since our records began in 1987. This report examines the market, forecasts its performance out to 2017, and discusses trends in the sector, making recommendations based on the findings.
- Benchmark your performance against competitors and the overall market.
- Offers a in-depth analysis of how the market has done, both of an overall and sub-sector level, to enable retailers to benchmark their performance.
- Use the recommendations that we have made in the DIY and gardening market to protect and grow your business.
DIY sales fell by 5.2% as the sector
continues to be impacted by the stagnant housing market and a more financially constrained customer who is shying away from making big-ticket purchases.
The gardening sector declined by 10.8% in 2012, its worst performance in the last 24 years. The main factor behind this decline was the inclement weather in the second quarter of the year, which made growing conditions especially challenging.
By 2017, only 6.7% of DIY & gardening sales will go through online, the lowest penetration out of all retail sectors. Its growth rate will be the second slowest between 2012 and 2017. However, while the sensory nature of some purchases makes using online unappealing, there is still potential within this sector.
Reasons to Buy
- Who have been the key winners and losers in the sector over the historical period?
- Which demographics should you be targeting, and what is the best approach to appeal to these customer groups?
- What impact will environmentally focused initiatives such as the Green Deal have on your business?
- What are the implications of a second spring of bad weather on the gardening sub-sector?
- How will online growth affect DIY & gardening retailers´ space requirements and sales densities?
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Market-Research/DIY-Ga ..
Browse all Retail Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Market-Research?aCode= ..
Browse all Retail Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Company-Profile?aCode= ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.