2014-02-24 03:16:01 - UK Non-Food in Grocers - Verdict Market Report - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Grocery retailers will outperform the wider non-food market over the next five years. Health & beauty will to dominate, while in a reflection of the wider market, music & video will be decimated by digital delivery and online content. Space growth and online improvements will drive grocers growth over specialists, however the recovery of the latter in later years will intensify competition
Non-food has struggled compared to food & grocery retail in recent years, with largely negative volume growth. Grocery retailers have benefited however, their high levels of footfall have provided them with a captive audience of shoppers looking for value and convenience in non-food
Each of the Big Four grocers will gain market share in 2013 apart from Morrisons, which will
see share stall owing to its slow expansion into clothing and homewares. Tesco remains dominant thanks to its significant space advantage and market leading position in the food & grocery sector.
With the space race decidedly over among the grocers, attention now turns to smaller stores and a compelling online offer. Larger stores remain however, and the grocers must think of ways to drive footfall, using instore services for example. A clear online strategy will be important, integrating click & collect, mobile and digital delivery.
- Discover which non-food sectors provide the most growth in grocers over the coming five years, enabling you to effectively plan your non-food strategy
- Understand the impact of the slowdown in space growth on the non-food in grocers market and adapt your strategy accordingly
- Benchmark your performance by non-food sector against the Big Four grocers and the remainder of the market in order to identify opportunities
- Perfect your space allocation by discovering effective strategies used by the Big Four grocers in their larger and smaller stores
Reasons to Buy
- Which retailer will gain the most market share in each non-food sector in 2013 and why
- What impact will smaller stores have on non-food sales, and how will grocers incorporate an effective online offer
- How will grocers address the growth in digital delivery in the music & video market in order to steal market share from specialists
- When will volume growth return to the wider non-food market, and at what point will the grocer´s value offers lose resonance with shoppers
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Market-Research/UK-Non ..
Browse all Retail Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Market-Research?aCode= ..
Browse all Retail Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Company-Profile?aCode= ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.