2014-03-14 02:13:01 - Competitor Market Shares and Developments in the UK Payment Card Market - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
The UK payment card competitive landscape continued to evolve in 2011, with signs of recovery from the economic recession beginning to emerge as issuers adopted new strategies to compete with each other. This report provides expert analysis and opinion on competitor market shares and the changing dynamics and strategies within the credit, debit, and charge card markets.
- Benchmark your performance against UK issuers across metrics including number of cards, frequency of use, transaction value, and balances outstanding.
- Gain insight into consumer attitudes and behaviours at the issuer level, from our Financial Services Consumer Insight survey.
- Know the competition with real world examples of the strategies being followed by the markets leading players.
- Futureproof your strategy with our analysis of
key market developments and what these activities will mean for the payment card market.
- Learn about the threat new payment technologies pose to the UK payment card market and how developments in this space will influence market dynamics.
Lloyds Banking Group is still the leading credit card issuer in the UK, and the group maintained the largest number of cards in issue with a 20% share of the market in 2011 with 10.9 million cards. Despite controlling a large share of the market, Lloyds Banking Group saw its card numbers decline by 3.5%.
With consumer spending remaining low there has been a growing prevalence and acceptance of debit cards in everyday use. In 2011, Santander emerged as the largest single debit card issuer with a 13.5% share of the market and 11.7 million cards. Trailing closely behind was Barclays, with a 13.0% share of the market and 11.2 million cards in issue.
The emergence of new payment technologies such as contactless cards, mobile wallets, and mobile point-of-sale terminals is likely to shake up the status quo moving forward, as players begin to explore the opportunities that these new payment methods present.
Reasons to Buy
- Who are the key players in the debit, credit, and charge card markets? How are they adapting to changes within the wider market?
- Who is gaining market share as the market slowly begins to recover from a period of prolonged difficulty? Who is losing?
- What strategies are issuers employing to stimulate card usage rates in light of falling levels of demand? How sustainable is this long term?
- Is consumer behaviour and card usage changing? What impact is the economy having on how consumers use their payment cards?
- What does the emergence of new payment technologies mean for future issuer positioning?
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Finance-and-Banking/Market-Re ..
Browse all Finance and Banking Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Finance-and-Banking/Market-Re ..
Browse all Finance and Banking Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Finance-and-Banking/Company-P ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.