2013-01-30 08:40:01 - New Energy market report from Business Monitor International: "United Kingdom Petrochemicals Report Q1 2013"
The Q113 UK petrochemicals report examines recent trends in the British chemicals and petrochemicals industries and assesses whether producers will retain a competitive edge amid the continuing economic gloom. The report examines the effects of the eurozone crisis coupled with increased competition from Asia and the Middle East, opening the way for the UK to be increasingly import dependent in any future economic recovery. Furthermore, BMI analyses the growth and risk management strategies being employed by the leading players in the sector, as they respond to capacity cuts in refining and volatility in naphtha feedstock supply.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/529343_united_kingdom_petrochemicals_report_ ..
With surplus capacity likely to be a feature across Europe in 2013, the UK's competitiveness will determine the size
of contraction; BMI envisages a decline in competitiveness in the labour force as well as a steady appreciation of the pound sterling against the euro. The UK is heavily exposed via financial and trade channels; a failure to stem the crisis would drive the economy back into recession. Given the high degree of financial and trade interdependency with the eurozone, a failure among European politicians to resolve the debt crisis could lead to contraction in British chemicals markets.
BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
* A collapse in the eurozone could wipe out any advantage in weakening naphtha feedstock prices, thereby hitting producers' bottom lines. Moreover, with upstream markets facing uncertainty and cracker margins still at historical lows despite the decline in naphtha prices, British producers are likely to be sceptical of any talk of a sustainable downtrend in feedstock costs.
* The UK scores 72.0 points in BMI's latest Western Europe Petrochemicals risk/rewards ratings (RRRs), unchanged from the previous quarter. However, it has fallen from fourth to fifth place, overtaken by Belgium which has seen an improvement in its country risk ratings. As a result, it has fallen 0.5 points behind Belgium and is 5.3 points ahead of Spain.
* BMI estimates that British chemicals output declined 7-8% in 2012, with the situation likely to stabilise in 2013 as the recovery feeds through to growth. However, the strength of demand will depend on both domestic manufacturing performance and external competitiveness against the Eurozone.
Report Table of Contents:
- UK Petrochemicals SWOT
- UK Political SWOT
- UK Economic SWOT
- UK Business Environment SWOT
Global Petrochemicals Overview
Global Oil Products Price Outlook
- Table: BMI's Refined Products Forecasts, 2010-2016
- Table: Middle East Outperforms In Terms of Passenger Growth
European Petrochemicals Overview
United Kingdom Market Overview
- Sector Overview
Industry Trends And Developments
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: United Kingdom - Petrochemicals Sector, 2010-2017
Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings
- West Europe Regional Power Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: West Europe Power Risk/Reward Ratings (Scores Out Of 100)
- UK Petrochemicals Risk/Rewards Ratings
- Table: United Kingdom - Economic Activity, 2011-2016
- ExxonMobil Chemical
- Shell Chemicals UK
Glossary Of Terms
- Table: Glossary Of Petrochemicals Terms
- Table: The United Kingdom's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: The United Kingdom's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: The United Kingdom's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: The United Kingdom's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Chemicals And Petrochemicals Industry
- Cross Checks
- Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Petrochemicals Business Environment Indicators And Rationale
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.