2014-03-13 08:05:01 - Retail Forecasts H1 2013: UK Sector Summary - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
A unique forecasting tool providing dynamic forecasts and analysis of market demand and price pressures. A Sector Summary Report and seven UK sector and two UK channel forecasts are available (Clothing & Footwear, DIY & Gardening, Electricals, Furniture & Floorcoverings, Food & Grocery, Health & Beauty, Homewares, DIY Superstores).
- Brief review of economic trends and how they impact retail, explaining how we believe key economic metrics will evolve over the next two years
- Forecasts of how overall retail and retail sectors will fare over the next ten quarters, examining volume, inflation and overall growth rates
- Category level forecasts are provided to fully inform growth strategies
The UK exited a double-dip recession following GDP growth in Q3 2012, though this
had little impact on consumer confidence and we expect this recovery to be short lived with Q4 contracting once again. Issues in the Eurozone continue to impinge trade and weak global demand will prolong impacts on UK exports.
Inflation is easing, but prices are still rising. The higher cost of food will force consumers to cut back on more discretionary sectors, particularly since growth in disposable income will be muted in 2013 putting continued pressure on budgets
A sustained period of high unemployment over the next five years coupled with low wage growth and the prospect of more job cuts will contribute to weak volume growth across retail sectors. High unemployment among younger consumers and the rising cost of tuition and living expenses will hit discretionary clothing purchases
Reasons to Buy
- Will the UK fall into another recession in 2013 and what impact will this have on the retail sector?
- When should I plan for an economic recovery? When will the housing market start to recover and what impact will this have on home related categories?
- Which retail sectors will perform the best through 2013â15? Which sectors should my business focus on?
- What impact will food inflation have on the total retail market and when do we expect price pressures to ease?
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Market-Research/Retail ..
Browse all Retail Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Market-Research?aCode= ..
Browse all Retail Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Company-Profile?aCode= ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.