2014-02-24 05:38:02 - The UK Health and Wellness Industry Outlook to 2017 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
The UK health and wellness market experienced a dip in the recessionary times during 2009-10 because of the low spending power of the customers. The current growth in this industry is led by increasing awareness about the health and fitness influenced by the burgeoning ageing and obese population in the UK. The UK has witnessed a range of activities in the health club and spa market over the last few years. It has witnessed a lot of innovation in the health clubs and the spa market because of the growing competition and the increasing demand from the customers.
The health and wellness market in the UK was valued at USD ~ million in 2012 thus growing at a CAGR of 1.9%
from 2007-2012. It was observed that in 2012, the market witnessed a growth on account of the increasing vulnerability towards lifestyle diseases and issues like obesity in the UK demography which has the resulted in the shifting preferences of the consumers towards healthy living and eating habits leading to an increase in the end demand.
It was observed that in 2012, cosmetics contributed ~% to the overall health and wellness market in the UK as compared to 48.4%% in 2007 while nutraceuticals had a market share of ~% in 2012 as compared to ~% in 2007. Skin care is the largest contributor to the cosmetics market in the UK accounting for a share of nearly ~% in 2012 and generating revenue worth USD ~ million during the year. Men´s lines or grooming products have been one of the latest development in the UK cosmetics market. The largest contributor to the UK nutraceuticals market accounting for nearly ~% is the vitamins and minerals supplements thereby generating revenue worth USD ~ million in 2012 followed by herbal supplements which contributed nearly ~% to the overall nutraceuticals market in the UK.
L´Oreal is the largest contributor to the cosmetics market in the UK with a contribution of ~%, followed by Unilever with a share of ~%. Estee Lauder Cos Inc is the third largest player with a contribution of ~% to the cosmetics revenue of the country. Avon Cosmetics Limited and Henkel are the other leading players in China athletic market contributing nearly ~% to the overall market in 2011.
The health club market in the UK is grounded by players such as Virgin Active, David Lloyd with a share of ~% and ~% respectively. Fitness first emerged as the leading player in the domestic market and accounted for nearly ~% of the overall health club members in the UK. Major players in the nutraceuticals market include Holland & Barrett with a massive market share of ~% and generating revenue of USD ~ million in the year 2012. Amway, Herbalife and Vitabiotics are the other players in the market holding ~%, ~% and ~% respectively of the market share.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the market size of the UK health and wellness industry, market segmentation of health clubs, spas, cosmetics, nutraceuticals and complementary medicines on the basis of various categories on the basis of revenue. The report also entails the market share and company profiles of major international and domestic players in health clubs, cosmetics and nutraceuticals market in the UK.
The report also provides the major trends and developments of the industry in the UK. An analysis of the future of the health and wellness market in the UK is provided on the basis of revenue of the market over next five years.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The market size of the UK health and wellness market, 2007-2012.
- Market segmentation of Health clubs in the UK by number of clubs and number of members, 2012
- Market Segmentation of Spa market in the UK by hotel/resort spa, health club spa, destination spa, day/salon spa medical spa on the basis of revenue, 2007-2012
- Market Segmentation of the Nutraceuticals market by categories such as vitamins and minerals, herbal supplements and sports nutrition on the basis of revenue.
- Market Segmentation of the UK Complementary and alternate medicines market.
- Market Segmentation of Cosmetics by Skincare, Hair care, Colour cosmetics and Fragrances on the basis of revenue.
- Market Share of leading players in Health club market in the UK, 2012
- Market share of leading players in the Cosmetics market in the UK, 2012
- Market share of leading players in the Nutraceuticals market in the UK, 2012.
- Company profiles of major players in the UK health club, cosmetics and nutraceuticals market
- Trends and developments in the UK health and wellness market.
- Future outlook and projections of the Health clubs, spas, cosmetics, nutraceuticals and complementary medicines on the basis of revenue in the UK health and wellness market, 2013-2017
- Future outlook and projections of the basis of revenue in the UK health and wellness market, 2013-2017
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Company-Profil ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.