2014-02-21 05:43:02 - CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - US - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
The value of the United States pharmaceutical market is forecast to climb from $359 billion in 2012 to $476 billion in 2020, increasing by 33% over the eight year period.
The expansion of the insured population, prompted by the introduction of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), will play a key role in driving US pharmaceutical market revenue up by a third by the end of the decade.
With the PPACA (commonly known as Obamacare) extending health insurance to 32 million more Americans by 2016, patient pools and the demand for drug therapy are expected to increase significantly, driving up healthcare expenditure and pharmaceutical revenue as a result.
Like many other countries around the world, the US is expected to experience growth
in its elderly population, climbing from a 19% share of all Americans in 2012 to more than 22% by 2020. The expansion of the 60 and over age demographic is another factor that will inevitably drive the US pharmaceuticals industry, owing to the corresponding increase in healthcare demand.
Growth within the US medical devices industry is expected in the near future, with the industry forecast to grow from $139 billion in 2012 to $206 billion in 2020, climbing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 5.0%. The US medical equipment industry is one of the largest and most stable in the healthcare industry, accounting for 50% of the global market and consuming approximately 40% of its output.
This report is an essential source of information and analysis on the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape of US. The report identifies the key trends in the healthcare market of US. The report also provides insights on the demographic, regulatory, reimbursement landscape and healthcare infrastructure of US. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the trends and segmentation of the pharmaceutical and medical devices market. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, secondary research and in-house analysis by our team of industry experts.
The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape of US. The scope of the report includes -
- An overview of the pharmaceutical and medical devices market of US including the market size, market segmentation, key drivers and barriers for the market.
- Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical and medical devices market. Key players covered in the pharmaceutical market are Pfizer, Merck & Co., Roche, Abbott and Novartis. Key players covered for the medical devices market are Medtronic, Boston Scientific, Abbott, GlaxoSmithKline and Siemens Healthcare.
- An insightful review on the reimbursement and regulatory landscape. Analysis includes details of the healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and market authorization processes for new drug and medical devices for US.
- A detailed analysis of the political and economic environment of US, including economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure.
- An overview of the opportunities and challenges for growth that exist in the healthcare market of US.
Reasons to buy
The report on US comprehensively covers both the pharmaceutical and medical devices markets of US. The report will enhance your decision-making capability. It will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the healthcare market of US.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical and medical devices market segments and companies likely to impact US healthcare market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the greatest opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Identify, understand and capitalize on the opportunities and challenges in the healthcare market of US.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.