Sugar Confectionery in the US - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
PR-Inside.com: 2014-03-12 19:57:03
The Hershey Co has further strengthened its leading position in the United States sugar confectionary market during 2012, with its value share rising to 15%. The company has benefited from the continued success of Twizzlers as well as renewed interest in its Payday and Ice Breakers brands. The company is followed by Mars Inc with an 8% share as it continues to experience success in the pastilles, gums, jellies and chews category with Starburst and Skittles.
Sugar confectionerys growth in 2012 will essentially be in line with the review period average. It has generally done fairly well, with ongoing flavour and packaging innovations easily introduced due to the diverse nature of the category. Pastilles, gums, jellies and chews is anticipated the strongest performance in 2012 with current value growth of 5% thanks to a diverse range of products. Sour products such as Sour Patch Kids and Trolli continue to experience strong growth among younger consumers. Twizzlers and Red Vines, however, continue to do well among various age groups.
Sugar confectionery is likely to continue its positive performance over the forecast period, growing by 5% in constant value terms to reach sales approaching US$11 billion. This growth will likely be led largely by pastilles, gums, jellies and chews, which has largely found success due to its broad product range.
- Retail current value sales of sugar confectionery set to grow by 3% in 2012 to reach US$10.3 billion while retail volume sales expected to remain flat
- Sour gummies and chews gain in popularity in 2012 to make pastilles, gums jellies and chews the best performing category with predicted current value growth of 5%
- Average unit price rises by 3% in 2012 as major manufacturers continue to dominate lowerprice competitors
- With strong performances from Twizzlers and Jolly Rancher, The Hershey Co leads sugar confectionery with a value share of 15% in 2012
- Over 2012-2017 sugar confectionery expected to post retail constant value growth of 5% and volume growth of 1%
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Food-and-Drink/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Food and Drink Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Food-and-Drink/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Food and Drink Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Food-and-Drink/Company-Profil ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.