2013-03-20 12:14:00 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "United States Tourism Report Q2 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
This quarter BMI has revised and restructured its tourism reports, incorporating a greater range of data and focusing on the hotel industry, the value of the tourism industry itself, and the impact of macroeconomic factors.
The US tourism industry grew strongly in 2012, with full-year arrivals estimated at 55.2mn, a growth rate of 3.9% year-on-year (y-o-y). This rate is forecast to pick up again in 2013, to provide growth of 4.3% y-o-y, or 57.5mn. We expect most of this growth to come from Latin America, particularly arrivals from neighbouring Mexico.
However, we are concerned that economic weakness in Europe will weigh on arrivals from this region in 2013, with arrivals growth forecast to slow to only 1.2% in 2013, down from 3.4%
in 2012. However, a burgeoning domestic tourism industry will help to compensate for slowing arrivals from Europe, as many Americans choose to holiday in their own country rather than abroad.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/552417_united_states_tourism_report_q2_2013. ..
This domestic industry growth will also have an impact on outbound tourism, with the rise in Americans travelling abroad set to slow in 2013, to 2.7%, from 4.5% growth in 2012. We expect that outbound departures will remain at around this level of growth until 2017, as confidence in the external environment gradually recovers.
BMI has updated the US Tourism Risk/Reward rating, with a new overall tourism score of 72.3 this quarter, placing the country in 6th place in the developed countries ranking, behind Finland and ahead of New Zealand.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Inbound Tourism
- Table: US Inbound Tourism, 2010-2017 ('000)
- Table: Top 10 Inbound Tourism Markets, 2010-2017
- Outbound Tourism
- Table: Table: US Outbound Tourism, 2010-2017f, ('000)
- Table: Outbound Tourism, Top 10 destinations by departures, 2010-2017
- Table: US International Tourism Receipts for Transport and Travel, 2010-2017f
- Table: US Breakdown of Methods of Tourist Travel, 2010-2017f
- Table: Table: US Hotel Accommodation, 2010-2017f
- Table: US Hotels and Restaurants Value, 2010-2017
- Economic Outlook
- Weakness In Most Categories of GDP
- Table: United States - GDP By Expenditure, Real Growth %
- Risks To Outlook
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Tourism Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Developed States Tourism Risk and Reward Ratings
- Security Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Table: Developed States Vulnerability To Terrorism Index (scores out of 100, with 100 the best)
- Table: Table: Global Hotel Group Presence in US
- Table: Table: US Transport Infrastructure Projects - Airport
- Marriott International
- Wyndham Hotel Group
Global Industry Overview
- Table: Global Tourism Indicators, International Tourist Arrivals, 2009-2017
- Table: global tourism indicators, hotel and establishment units, 2009-2017
- Table: Global Sporting Calendar, 2013-2022
- Table: Global Assumptions
- Table: Global & Regional Real GDP Growth, % chg y-o-y
- Table: Developed States - Real GDP Growth Forecasts, %
- Table: Emerging Markets - Real GDP Growth Forecasts, %
- Table: BMI VERSUS BLOOMBERG CONSENSUS REAL GDP GROWTH FORECASTS (%)
- Table: The United States' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: The United States' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: The United States' Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: The United States' Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Tourism Industry
- Tourism Ratings - Methodology
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.