2013-10-08 11:21:13 - New Consumer Goods research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
International air traffic in the US in the first four months of the year indicates that the industry is performing well so far in 2013. In the year to April, international air traffic to and from the US totalled 57.3mn passengers, representing annual growth of 3%. While travel by US citizens grew by 1%, travel by non-US citizens grew by 5%, indicating that international tourism is picking up strongly. This bodes well for our full-year forecast of 4.3% growth in US inbound tourism, up from 3.9% growth in 2012.
We anticipate this tourism arrivals growth to boost tourist expenditure totals for the year. This should help bolster the hotel and hospitality sector, with BMI forecasting the industry value of domestic hotels
and restaurants to total US$451.05bn in 2013, up by 3.65% from 2012, when annual growth was only 0.45%.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/689089_united_states_tourism_report_q4_2013. ..
Improving fortunes for the sector will encourage ongoing expansion by major hotel chains, with groups such as Marriott, Hilton and Wyndham looking to increase their already strong presence in the country.
* BMI has expanded its Tourism Risk/Rewards Ratings tables to include more countries in Latin America, creating a broader field of comparison. The US continues to be ranked first in the region, with an overall rating of 69.58, just ahead of Canada.
* Arrivals from Europe will remain sluggish in 2013, growing by only 1.2%, down from 3.44% in 2012. We expect this trend to continue into 2014, when we are forecasting 1.54% growth.
* BMI forecasts that the number of hotels and establishments in the US will grow by 1.66% in 2013, up from 0.04% growth in 2012.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Industry Forecast
- Inbound Tourism
- Table: US Inbound Tourism, 2010-2017 ('000)
- Table: Top 10 Inbound Tourism Markets, 2010-2017f ('000)
- Outbound Tourism
- Table: US Outbound Tourism, 2010-2017f ('000)
- Table: Outbound Tourism, Top 10 destinations by departures, 2010-2017f ('000)
- Table: US International Tourism Receipts for Transport and Travel, 2010-2017f
- Table: US Breakdown of Methods of Tourist Travel, 2010-2017f
- Table: US Hotel Accommodation, 2010-2017f
- Table: US Hotels and Restaurants Value, 2010-2017f
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Industry Risk/Reward Ratings
- Tourism Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Developed States Tourism Risk and Reward Ratings
- Security Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Developed States Vulnerability To Terrorism Index (scores out of 100, with 100 the best)
- Market Overview
- Table: Global Hotel Group Presence in US
- Table: US Transport Infrastructure Projects - Airports
- Marriott International
- Wyndham Hotel Group
Global Industry Overview
- Global Industry Overview
- Global Assumptions
- Table: Global Assumptions
- Table: Global And Regional Real GDP Growth (% change y-o-y)
- Developed States
- Table: Developed States, Real GDP Growth Forecasts
- Emerging Markets
- Table: Emerging Markets' Real GDP Growth Forecasts
- Table: BMI Versus Bloomberg Consensus Real GDP Growth Forecasts (%)
- Demographic Outlook
- Table: The United States' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: The United States' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: The United States' Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: The United States' Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Tourism Industry
- Tourism Ratings - Methodology
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.