2012-12-04 01:55:56 - Unmanned Service Station Retailing in Europe: Market Size, Retailer Strategies and Competitor Performance - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
The number of unmanned service stations in Europe has risen in recent years as retailers aim to cut costs while maintaining market share. Based on research with operators of automated sites, Unmanned Service Station Retailing in Europe provides an analysis of current and future fuel sales through the format, network developments and retailer strategies across 16 European countries.
- Assess if you should invest in more unmanned sites by uncovering the position of your competitors and the likely development of the market to 2013.
- Plan effective market entry strategies by uncovering competitor sales data and national volume sales for 16 European countries.
- Inspire new marketing strategies by learning about the initiatives of unmanned site operators in mature
markets outside of your home country.
- Make informed business pitches to fuel retailers by understanding the unmanned sector and the underlying trends behind changes in automated sites.
At the beginning of 2011 there were 10,234 unmanned sites in Europe representing almost 8% of all service stations across the continent. In 2010 over 5% of fuel sold in Europe was at wholly automated sites and sales are expected to increase as retailers downsize formats and segments of the market are attracted to a basic refuelling option.
In several countries in excess of 50% of service stations are unmanned, many of which are in rural areas. This includes Denmark, Finland and Sweden. France´s unmanned refuelling stations have the highest volume of fuel sales across Europe which equates to 9.8% of national volumes. Many of these are owned by, and positioned alongside, hypermarkets.
Esso has the largest share of volume sales sold through unmanned stations in Europe. Statoil and Neste, which operate in Northern Europe, rank second and third for sales through the unmanned format. Most of these fuel retailers operate a dual branding policy, having different facsia and canopy names for their manned and unmanned sites .
Reasons To Buy
- How many unmanned sites are there in Europe and what is there sales performance? How does this compare to service stations with stores and personnel?
- Is it always the case that unmanned sites are less busy than regular service stations? Which operators achieve high average sales per site and why?
- I know about mature unmanned fuel retailing markets, but what is the situaton in countries such as Germany, Italy, the UK, Spain and Poland?
- Who are the key unmanned fuel retailers in Europe and how are they performing? Are they exclusively unmanned or do they have different formats?
- What are the strategic drivers behind the increase in unmanned service stations? Do motorists have a preference for automated refuelling stations?
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Market-Research/Unmann ..
Browse all Retail Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Market-Research?aCode= ..
Browse all Retail Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Company-Profile?aCode= ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.