2013-12-09 09:18:48 - New Transportation market report from Business Monitor International: "Venezuela Autos Report Q1 2014"
Vehicle sales declined 17.5% year-on-year in the first nine months of the year, to 81,950 units. We hold a bearish outlook for consumer sentiment, and maintain our forecast for a 19% decline in the market in 2013. We believe that the poor macro picture in Venezuela will continue to impact vehicle sales over the year. The government's currency devaluation in February will pose a considerable upside risk to inflation, hike interest rates for vehicle loans, and make vehicle imports more expensive, thus eroding consumers' purchasing power and affecting sales volumes. We expect this to continue to filter through to consumer sentiment over the course of the year.
Full Report Details at
BMI remains bearish on vehicle production in Venezuela,
as the government continues to intervene in the economy, further restricting access to foreign currency and implementing import restrictions on vehicle components. Further, the recent currency devaluation will serve to make supplier imports more expensive, exacerbating shortages of components. Accordingly, we forecast a 25% decline.
BMI has long maintained that in order to see sustained growth in vehicle production, the regulatory environment needs a complete overhaul, particularly in the issuance of assembly permits and access to foreign currency. This does not look likely, however, and Venezuela continues to rank below the regional average on BMI's Risk/Reward Ratings.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Production, Sales and Trade
- Table: Autos Sales, 2010-2017
- Table: Venezuela Vehicle Sales By Brand
- Used Cars
- Table: Autos Production, 2010-2017
- Table: Venezuela Vehicle Production By Brand
- Table: Autos Trade, 2010-2017
- Table: Car Ownership Rate, 2010-2017
- Passenger Vehicles
- Table: Passenger Car Segment, 2010-2017
- Company News
- Commercial Vehicles
- Table: Commercial Vehicle Segment, 2010-2017
- Economic Analysis
- Table: VENEZUELA - ECONOMIC ACTIVITY
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Latin America Risk/ Rewards Ratings
- General Motors Company (GM)
- Company Monitor
Global Industry Overview
- Table: Venezuela's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Venezuela's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Venezuela's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Venezuela's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Industry Forecasts
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
- Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.