2013-02-28 12:32:26 - Fast Market Research recommends "Venezuela Telecommunications Report Q2 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI View: A heavy government influence helps shape Venezuela's telecoms market, with state-owned firms playing a major role in all aspects of the sector. This not only deters private investment, but also affects private firms already operating in the country, such as Telefonica, as they are unable to repatriate their profits. As the state controls a large portion of the sector, the development of telecoms infrastructure is closely linked to the success, or otherwise, of Venezuela's oil sector - if revenues from oil run dry, then the government lacks funds for other projects. Our latest quarterly report shows that the mobile sector is consolidating its position above the 100% penetration market, with considerable net addition posted this quarter. The fixed-line
sector also posted gains while broadband continues to grow. Network investment should help kick start LTE/4G services during 2013.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/541295_venezuela_telecommunications_report_q ..
* Total mobile subscribers confirmed their intention to stay above the 100% penetration market this quarter, with the latest data from Q312 stating that there are 30.954mn mobile subscribers in Venezuela. Of these, 2.7mn are postpaid.
* In the fixed-line market, Venezuela continues to report growth, according to Conatel. The market finished with 7.56mn subscribers in Q312, up by 3.7% year-on-year (y-o-y).
* Conatel reported that Venezuela had 12.4mn internet users and 3.3mn broadband subscribers in Q312. Of these, 1.4mn were mobile broadband users and 2.0mn fixed-line users.
Venezuela is in 10th place in Q113's RRRs. Venezuela still remains one of the poorest performing markets in our regional rankings. Now that presidential elections have confirmed that Hugo Chavez will continue in power - his health permitting - we expect that its full-year growth prospects for 2013 are subdued.
Key Trends & Developments
* Third-ranked operator Digitel announced plans to invest US$268mn in the expansion and improvement of its 3G network infrastructure and in LTE/4G services development during 2013.
* State-owned operator Moviltel also announced plans to launch LTE/4G services during the second half of 2013.
* Movilnet claims to have distributed over 100,000 mobile handsets in the Andean region during 2012, as part of its campaign to improve access to telecoms infrastructure. While this campaign is clearly riddled with government propaganda, it has led to a considerable boost in the number of prepaid mobile subscribers in the country.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Table: Venezuela Telecoms Sector - Mobile - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Mobile ARPU - Historical Data And Forecasts (VEB)
- Table: Venezuela Telecoms Sector - Fixed Line - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010 - 2017
- Table: Venezuela Telecoms Sector - Internet - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Latin America Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Q213 Risk/Reward Ratings
- Venezuela Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Venezuela Mobile Market Regional Comparisons, 2011
- Table: Venezuela Wireless Market, Q312
- Market Shares
- Mobile Contract Wins
- Table: Venezuela - Selected Recent Contracts Awarded
- Mobile Content
- Mobile Broadband
- Table: Venezuela - Selected Recent Contracts Awarded
- Mobile Operator Data
- Table: Venezuela Mobile Market Overview
- Table: Digitel
- Table: Movilnet (CANTV)
- Table: Movistar
- Latin America Regional Mobile Content 2013
- Table: Venezuela Local Market, Q112
- Table: CANTV Fixed-Line Revenue Breakdown (VEFmn)
- Table: Venezuela Pay-TV Market 2010-2012
- Table: Venezuela Internet Market 2011-2012 By Connection Type ('000)
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Wireless Developments
- Table: Wireline Developments
- Regulatory Overview
- Table: Venezuela Regulatory Bodies And Their Responsibilities
- Key Players - Venezuela Telecoms Sector
- Table: Key Players - Venezuelan Telecoms Sector
- Table: Selected Operator Financial Indicators
- Telefonica Moviles Venezuela
- Corporacion Digitel
- Pace Potential In Emerging Markets
- Table: Pace Recent Financial Results (US$mn)
- Recovery And Lofty Ambitions
- Latin America
- Table: Pace: Latin America STB Mix (By Volume)
- Venezuela Demographic Data
- Table: Venezuela's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Venezuela's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Venezuela's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Venezuela's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Table: Glossary Of Terms
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.