2012-07-30 01:15:24 - Vietnam Agribusiness Report Q3 2012 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
The price of this market report covers 4 quarterly reports on this sector. This quarterly report will be downloadable instantly as a PDF document, with the 3 remaining reports delivered at regular intervals throughout the year.The Vietnamese government is increasing its efforts towards developing more public-private partnerships in order to encourage organic farming and sustainable farming practises, especially for more export-orientated agriculture products such as rice and coffee. As global demand for sustainably produced goods grows alongside environmental consciousness, Vietnam is likely to benefit.
- Milk consumption growth to 2016: 41.4% to 247,000 tonnes. Urbanisation, increased ownership of Western goods and the ongoing spread of modern, organised retail will prove supportive of strong dairy consumption growth, even if higher global
dairy prices limit the growth outlook to some extent.
- Coffee production growth to 2015/16: 36.1% to 25.5mn bags. Work on replacing trees, many of which are more than 20 years old, will improve disease resistance and thus yields in the long term. Another growth driver will be export opportunities, given that Vietnam is the world´s largest exporter of robusta coffee.
- Pork production growth to 2015/16: 13.1% to 2.2mn. Consumption will outpace production, and the country will therefore remain reliant on pork imports to satisfy demand.
- 2012 real GDP growth: 5.2% (down from 6.7% in 2011; predicted to average 6.7% over 2011- 2016).
- 2012 consumer price index: 8.8% year-on-year (y-o-y) (lower than 18.6% in 2011; predicted to average 5.8% over 2011-2016).
- 2012 central bank policy rate: 11.0% y-o-y (lower than 15.0% in 2011; predicted to average 8.2% over 2011-2016)
Sustainably produced farm produce sells - especially to developed markets and environmentally conscious customers - and the government of Vietnam knows it. Through numerous public-private partnerships, the Vietnamese government has started to pursue sustainable farming practises, placing significant emphasis on the coffee sector. According to statistics from Nedcoffee Vietnam, the amount of coffee produced under the UTZ Certified, 4C Association and Rainforest Alliance criteria has risen to 115,000 tonnes (or 1,916 60kg bags) of coffee beans in 2011 from close to zero a few years ago. This represents a small 10% of total national coffee production; BMI therefore expects this trend to gather more traction given the government´s strong support.
We expect exports from Vietnam to remain strong in the coming months, as they are likely to stay very competitive globally. This is despite foreign buyers cancelling orders for more than 90,000 tonnes of the country´s rice in April and May because of a short-term rise in local prices compared with India. In our view, this does not reflect the fundamental picture, as the country has a sufficient rice surplus to boost exports and prices are likely to remain very competitive, even compared with India. Vietnam exported 2.5mn tonnes of rice since the start of the 2011/12 season, which means it still has the capacity to export about 4.5mn tonnes of rice before December.
After discovering pork laced with clenbuterol and salbutamol in March, authorities have since conducted random tests of pork and pork products from numerous supermarkets in Ho Chi Minh. The meat inspected has not been found to contain any illegal substances; however, authorities said supermarkets will continue to be monitored.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Agriculture-Farming-Raw-Mater ..
Browse all Agriculture, Farming & Raw Materials Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Agriculture-Farming-Raw-Mater ..
Browse all Agriculture, Farming & Raw Materials Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Agriculture-Farming-Raw-Mater ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.