2012-09-12 11:11:14 - Fast Market Research recommends "Volta River Authority - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review" from GlobalData, now available
Volta River Authority (VRA) is a Ghana-based power utility company. It supplies electricity to industrial, commercial and domestic customers across Ghana. The company owns and operates three power plants, namely, Akosombo Hydro Power Station, Kpong Hydro Power Station and the Takoradi Thermal Power Plant (TAPCO) at Aboadze. It sells power through GRIDCo. to ECG, VALCO, Aluworks, ATL, some mines and others. The company operates through three subsidiaries, namely,Akosombo Hotels Ltd, Volta Lake Transport Company and Kpong Farms Limited. It also undertakes non-power activities such as operating schools, hospitals, transportation and others. VRA is headquartered in Accra, Ghana.
Recently, the company announced to construct a photovoltaic (PV) solar plant at a cost of eight million dollars at Navrongo in the Upper East
region. The plant intends to facilitate the harnessing of renewable solar power and generating electricity without using fossil fuels.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/461909_volta_river_authority_strategic_swot_ ..
Volta River Authority Key Recent Developments
Aug 03, 2012: VRA To Undertake Conversion Of Tema Thermal Power Complex In Ghana
Jul 24, 2012: IFC Invests In Takoradi 2 Expansion To Increase Power Generation In Ghana
Jul 16, 2012: TAQA Secures Ghanaian Parliamentary Approval For Takoradi 2 Power Plant Expansion
Mar 20, 2012: WAPCo And Partners Meet To Discuss Harnessing West African Gas For Sub-region's Development
Jun 20, 2011: KEC International Wins INR10.44 Billion Power Orders
GlobalData's Volta River Authority - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company's history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company's key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
* Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
* Corporate strategy - GlobalData's summarization of the company's business strategy.
* SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
* Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
* Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
* Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
* Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
* Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
* Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
* Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
* Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
* Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report's analysis of the company's business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
* Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies with GlobalData's detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company's core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
* Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report's detailed insight into the company's strategic, business and operational performance.
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.