2012-09-18 02:17:23 - Womenâs Health Therapeutics Market to 2017 - High Unmet Need will Drive Uptake of Novel Drugs Such as Prolia and Odanocantib in the Menopause and Osteoporosis Market - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Women´s Health Therapeutics Market to 2017 - High Unmet Need will Drive Uptake of Novel Drugs Such as Prolia and Odanocantib in the Menopause and Osteoporosis Market provides in-depth analysis of the drivers and barriers that affect the global Women´s Health market and analyzes the markets for women´s health disorders in the US, the top five markets in Europe (the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain) and Japan. Treatment usage patterns, revenues and annual cost of therapy are forecast until 2017 for the key geographies, as well as for the leading therapeutic segments. Furthermore, the report provides competitive benchmarking for the leading companies and analyzes the mergers, acquisitions and licensing agreements that have shaped the global market.
The research finds that
the women´s health therapeutics market will grow rapidly, largely due to the introduction of new therapies and the increased awareness among patients and physicians in two of the largest segments within WH disorders, the menopause and osteoporosis. Novel non-hormonal therapeutics will become more popular during the forecast period. Though many of the major selling drugs in the osteoporosis market are set to lose patent protection in 2012, the launch of effective therapies such as Prolia (recently launched in 2010) will drive the market revenues. The overall women´s health therapeutics market is driven by postmenopausal osteoporosis and menopause. The endometriosis market is heavily genericized and lacks an effective and safe option for the treatment of endometriosis.
In 2010, the women´s health therapeutics market was estimated to be worth $14,530m. GBI Research forecasts the market to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.9% between 2010 and 2017 to record a sales value of $24,671m in 2017.
The market has considerable unmet need, as the majority of the diseases in the market are served by hormonal therapeutics. Hormones have been shown to be associated with significant safety issues such as risks of breast cancer and cardiovascular disease. Hence, the use of hormones has declined and women are worried about resuming hormonal therapy for the treatment of the menopause/osteoporosis. There is an opportunity for pharmaceutical companies to develop drugs with greater safety profiles and more competitive prices.
The women´s health therapeutics market R&D pipeline is moderately strong, with the majority of first-in-class drugs in late stages of development. These drugs are expected to drive market revenues and it is expected that, if they are approved and are shown to have better safety profiles, patients will comply with novel therapies. In particular, non-hormones are set to take over the conventional hormone therapeutics market.
- Annualized market data for the women´s health disorders market from 2002 to 2010, forecast to 2017.
- Analysis of the leading therapeutic segments, including endometriosis, postmenopausal osteoporosis, menopause and urinary incontinence
- Analysis of the women´s health therapeutics market in the leading geographies of the world, which include the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Japan
- Market characterization of the women´s health therapeutics market, including market size, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage patterns
- Key drivers and barriers that have a significant impact on the market
- Coverage of pipeline molecules in various phases of drug development
- Competitive benchmarking of leading companies. The key companies studied in this report are Pfizer, Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd., Merck and Warner Chilcott Plc.
- Key M&A activities and licensing agreements that took place in 2010 in the women´s health therapeutics market
Reasons to buy
- Align your product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the leading therapeutic segments and geographic markets poised for strong growth.
- Reinforce R&D pipelines by identifying new target mechanisms which can produce first-in-class molecules with more efficiency and better safety.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus areas of leading companies.
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products that could fill portfolio gaps.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.